Thursday, May 2, 2013

May Guest Designer

Please join me in welcoming our May Guest Designer Barbara 

My name is Barbara, and I live in Pittsburgh, PA with my husband of 21 years and two sons, 16 and 13. Currently, I am a Marketing Representative for a financial advisor. I was first introduced to scrapbooking at a Creative Memories party when my oldest son was 1. I've never looked back since that point! I love creating scrapbooks documenting my sons' lives. Having an outlet to stimulate my imagination helps keep me sane! Sketches, challenges, and learning new techniques continue to inspire me. There is so much out there in scrapland that I want to experience. I also enjoy making cards and other paper crafting projects.  And, in my spare time, I enjoy reading, skiing, cooking, and exercising, not necessarily in that order.  To see more of Barabar's wonderful work please visit her blog: Luvy's World

And here is her layout created with the May 1st sketch:
I love how Barbara substituted the NHS program for one of the picture spots! Pure genius! Doesn't this just inspire you to incorporate some memorabilia onto your layouts?  I also like how Barbara did her title work, it gives a real "back to school" feel to this great layout!   A big thanks to Barbara for inspiring us this month!  Don't forget to play along with us this month, we are debuting our card sketches on May 5th and starting on May 7th we will be celebrating our one year birthday with a HUGE birthday bash, challenges everyday, lots of prizes and lots of inspiration~ you are going to want to be here! 

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic job with the sketch Barbara! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Barbara, love your take on the sketch. I also love the way you used the arrows to accentuate the program and the lovely photos, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome!!!! Great page and wonderful take on the sketch!!!!

    ReplyDelete